Ep 100 - Superman: Secret Identity
This Week: Another fan chose book for March Madness, Superman Secret Identity: In this critically acclaimed work from writer Kurt Busiek (ASTRO CITY) and artist Stuart Immonen (Ultimate X-Men), an alternate “Clark Kent” encounters complications the real Superman never had to handle: a career, a wife, children—a real life.
Despite his iconic name, Clark Kent from Picketsville, Kansas, is just a normal kid whose parents thought they were being clever. He can’t fly, or see through walls, or shrug off speeding bullets—that is, until the day he can. And it’s all much harder than it looks in the comics.
Follow Clark across the decades as this man with powers tries to prove he can make the world a safer place without sacrificing everything.
Drinking Game Rules
Get Some Air - Every time Clark goes for a flight to clear his head or think, take a drink.
Neener, Neener, Neener - Anytime Clark escapes or outwits the Government, take a drink.
Damn the Government - Every time the government tried to attack, capture or trick him take a drink.
Oh I See What You Did There - Reference to traditional comics, take a drink.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice (That’s about ½ a grapefruit.)
- ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces chilled ginger beer
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Sliced grapefruit (optional)
- Fill a tall glass with ice. Add the vodka, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and ginger beer, and stir to combine. Garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary and grapefruit slices and serve.
- 1.5 oz Disaronno Ameretto
- 1.5 oz Burbon
- Just of 1/2 small lemon (.5 oz)
- Angostura bitters - 2 good shakes
- 2 ice cubes
Stir and enjoy.
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 ounce mandarin juice (or any orange juice)
- 3/4 ounce dry vermouth
- 1/2 ounce apricot brandy
- 1 teaspoon grenadine syrup
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, pour in the ingredients and shake. Pour (not strain) into an old fashioned glass and garnish with a speared cherry.
• 1/3 oz. Schnapps, peach
• 1/3 oz. Rum, coconut
• 1/3 oz. Triple Sec
• 1 splash Grenadine
• Fill with Pineapple Juice
Fill glass with ice, add equal parts rum, peach schnapps and triple sec. Fill with pineapple juice, stir. Top with grenadine.
Next Week: The Uncanny X-Men. Magneto, master of magnetism. The bitterest of enemies for years. But now they must join forces against a new adversary who threatens them all and the entire world besides in the name of God. In God Loves, Man Kills.