Ep 96 - Watchmen Part 2 - Show notes
This Month: Considered the greatest graphic novel in the history of the medium, the Hugo Award-winning story chronicles the fall from grace of a group of super-heroes plagued by all-too-human failings. Along the way, the concept of the super-hero is dissected as the heroes are stalked by an unknown assassin.
Da Bomb Dot-com - Every time there is a mention of the posibiity of a nuclear war, take a drink.
Date Night - Every time a date is mentioned, take a drink.
The Shadows on Wall - Every mention of the Hiroshima Shadows, Take a drink.
Meta Rorschach - Every Time Rorschach mentions himself in 3rd person
- 4 oz Whiskey
- 2 oz Martini and Rossi Extra Dry Vermouth
- drops of Absinthe
Shake the shit out of it, and strain into highball glass.
The Rorschach Test
- 1 1/2 ounce aquavit, preferably CH Aquavit
- 1 ounce Amer Picon
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce grenadine
- 2-3 ounces light pale ale, preferably Brooklyn Summer Ale
Garnish: rolled orange peel on a skewer
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all ingredients, except beer.
- Shake lightly and pour, ice included, into a hurricane glass.
- Top with beer.
- Garnish with rolled up, skewered orange peel.
- 60 ml Orange juice chilled
- 40 ml Vodka, frozen ice
- 1 dash grenadine, chilled cocktail cherry and orange slice to decorate
Stir the orange juice and vodka over ice until well frosted. Strain into a chilled goblet or wine glass. Stir the rum and grenadine together and pour slowly into the middle of the juice so the red color spreads gently outwards. Dress with a cocktail cherry and a twist of orange peel. Serve cold.
- 1 oz dry vermouth
- 3 oz vodka
- 2 drops bitters
Add vermouth and vodka to an ice filled shaker. Shake the shit out of it, strain into s chilled martini glass. Add two drops of bitters to make ink drop effect.