It’s Pride month again, so its time for: Pride 2: Electric Boog-a-loo
This Week: We start with Iceman: Thawing Out. Bobby Drake has been in the super hero game longer than most - but what has he left behind besides a few good one-liners and a string of failed relationships? And now a younger version of himself has emerged from the timestream - and he's more put together than Bobby ever was. He grapples with his gay identity and his family and how to build a life and legacy he can be proud of...and become the best Iceman he can be! But, whether it's seeking his ex-girlfriend Kitty Pryde's advice on meeting guys, or delivering his latest news to his folks, it won't be easy - and that's before a gang of revenge-seeking Purifiers comes calling! And, still learning to be comfortable in his own skin, Bobby will meet someone who's perhaps too comfortable in his - the son of Wolverine himself, Daken!
Hello World! - Every time Bobby tells someone he’s gay, take a drink.
I Can't Do Anything Right! - Anytime someone gets upset with Iceman, take a drink.
He got Dad Jokes - Whenever iceman makes a bad joke or pun, drink.
My Parents Just Don’t Understand - Every time his parents deflect or don’t listen to him, take a drink.
Adam loves full asshole. - Jeremiah
(to the tune of Living on a Payer)"Ohhhh, he’s half way there, Ohhhh, a rainbow and a bear." - Jeremiah
After she’s been with her boyfriend, I’m sure it looks like a porcupine on her floor. - Bryan
My drink is called the Iceman cometh. - Adam You spelled it wrong, you spelled it with an ‘o’ - Bryan
How do you make a coconut cream? - Bryan
Your rimming the glass, then making it hard. -Bryan
When you don’t have any fat rolls over your dick, it looks bigger. - Adam
My heart says yes, but my dick says no. - Todd and Adam
Strawberry Vodka Slushy
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 3/4 ounces Simple Syrup
- 4 fresh strawberries (hulls removed), plus some for garnish
- 2 cups ice cubes
In a blender, combine the vodka, lemon juice, simple syrup, strawberries, and ice cubes. Blend on high for 15 to 20 seconds.
Pour into glasses and garnish with strawberries.
The Iceman Cometh
- 1 1/2 oz Virgin Island Rum
- 1 1/2 oz Fresh Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 oz Fresh Orange Juice
- 3/4 oz Cream of Coconut
Add ingredients to cocktail shaker without ice. Shake the shit out of it, pour into a snifter and fill with crushed ice. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg
The Pink Iceman Slush
- 1 Gallon ice-cream bucket (eat all the ice cream, but use the container to mix your drink).
- 12 oz pink lemon-aide concentrate thawed out.
- 16 oz vodka
- 2 liters favorite lemon lime soda
Mix all the ingredients together in ice cream bucket, then put back in the freezer.
After it has frozen into a slush, pull it out of the freezer and use an ice cream scoop to serve.
Add more club soda or lemon lime soda to slush.
Iceman Rainbow Frozen Surprise
- Multi-coloured popsicles (or freezies)
- All your favourite multi-coloured candies
- Multi-coloured sprinkles
- Corn syrup
- Water or Sprite
- Rum or vodka (or any alcohol of your choice)
1. Pour a little corn syrup and candy sprinkles into two separate dishes. Dip the rim of a glass into the corn syrup and then into the sprinkles.
2. Line a dish with parchment paper and place the glass upside down on the dish. Let it sit in the freezer until the sprinkles and corn syrup are fully hardened.
3. It's time to create the rainbow layers! For each layer, use 1 coloured popsicle and 1 oz. of liquid (you can decide on the ratio of alcohol to water/Sprite) and mix in a blender to create a slushie texture. Then pour your first layer into the glass.
Tip: When deciding your alcohol to water/Sprite ratio, just remember that each layer will have 1 oz. of liquid. So you can make as dangerously boozy or virgin as you want.
4. Continue step 3 for each colour of popsicle. Make sure you work quickly and also place your glass in the freezer between making each layer to prevent the slush from melting.
5. Once you have stacked each layer of coloured slushie in your glass, crown it with all your favourite colourful candies. We recommend the Twizzlers, Jujubes, Nerds, and Rainbow belts.
Next Week: A gritty, graphic pulp fiction about the temptation, damnation and redemption of aging private eye Frank Grissel.
Frank Grissel is a hard-knuckled private eye – and a deeply closeted homosexual, set in the very real world of 1953 San Francisco. Aided by his long-suffering secretary (and sometime live-in lover) Loretta, Grissel’s search for a runaway girl winds up with him becoming a suspect in a string of gruesome murders. The case takes twists and turns through the Golden Gate’s greasy underbelly: the beguiling arms of Chinese shipping heiress (and smuggler); an unexpected reunion with the daughter he abandoned long ago; the loss of Loretta to the sadistic clutches of the high-powered “Colonel;” and finally the horrifying, gender-bending truth.