Were still scratching out heads about this one. It all started with our confusion about the title, and got worse from there. This week were reading the surreal Manga parody, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. Try getting your spell check not to freak out over that combination of letters.
We begin our Halloween celebration. For the month of October we’re focusing our attentions on the darker side of comics. This week we are discussing the Alaskan Vampire book 30 Days of Book. A failed screen play, turned into a comic, then optioned for a movie. Cause that’s how Hollywood works kids.
This yields 4 cocktails. Cause why would you want to drink just one of these....or I guess you could have drinks with 3 friends...I don't play well with others.
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 oz vodka
- 2 oz amaretto
- 2 oz orange juice
- 6 oz club soda
- 4 plastic syringes
- Puree the raspberries in a blender or food processor. Press the puree through a fine mesh strainer to separate the pulp from the seeds. Discard the seeds.
- Combine the puree with the sugar in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Stir frequently and cook until mixture darkens and thickens, about 10 minutes. Chill until ready to use.
- Add vodka and amaretto to a shaker with ice and shake the shit out of it. Stir in orange juice and club soda. Pour into iced glasses.
- Fill syringes with equal parts of the raspberry syrup and place in glasses before serving.
Were back with another Batman book! Nearly every member of the rogue’s gallery gets involved in this week’s book: Hush, written by Jeph Loeb, with amazing art by Jim Lee.
- 1.5 oz Laird's Applejack
- 1.5 oz Barenjager (Honey Liqueur)
- 4 oz Club Soda
Stir in ice filled glass. Enjoy
In this weeks episode we discuss the first trade paperback of Jessica Jones. If you were old school, and read it when it first came out like Q, you know it as Alias, if you only heard about it because of the Netflix show, it was released as Jessica Jones:Alias. Either way, we read and discuss the book, share some cocktails, and discuss the soap opera that comics stories can be.
Vodka Infused with Black Tea
Adam got this recipe from a Private Detective agency themed speak easy. The actual measurements are still a bit of a mystery, but that may just add to the fun as you investigate this cocktail further. The actually recipe calls for lemon juice, black pepper and clove tinctures, and coconut marmalade as well, but Adam just replaced them with Club soda for his own home version.
This week we discuss the first trade of Locke and Key - Welcome to Lovecraft. Sit down, create your own ghostly brew, and join us as we discuss Joe Hill, and Gabriel Rodriguez’s creepy story.
2 oz Vanilla Vodka
1 oz Simple syrup
1 oz cream
2 oz club soda
Shake and strain into glass.
It only takes a few of these for you to start seeing ghosts.